These are the list of Marks are Registrable in Bangladesh:
- Invented Words
- Distinctive representations
- Packaging of goods
- Music, Vocal Sounds
- 3D Signs
- Words having no direct reference to the character or quality of the goods
- Combination of all of the above
Types of Trademarks Registrable:
- Collective Marks
- Certification Marks
- Service Marks
- Well Known Marks
These are the list of Marks are not Registrable in Bangladesh:
- Marks which do not have distinctive characteristics, or consist of signs or data that comprise of familiar drawings and ordinary pictures of goods and products.
- Every expression, drawing or sign which is immoral or contrary to public order.
- Public emblems, flags, military emblems and other symbols of the state, or Arab or international organizations or one of its institutions, or in one of the countries that treat a reciprocal state, or any imitation of such slogans.
- Symbols of the Red Crescent or Red Cross and other symbols from other similar, as well as signs that are imitations thereof.
- Marks which are identical or similar to symbols of a purely religious nature and sentiments.
- Geographical names if their use is to occur unequivocally regarding the source or origin of the goods or products or services.
- Name of others or the title or image or logo, without express consent.
- Marks which are likely to mislead the public, or which contains false statements on the origin or source of products or services or for other characteristics, as well as marks containing the name of a fictitious business, imitated or forged.
- Consisting, comprising of scandalous and obscene matter.
- Contravening laws of the land.
- Causing confusion or deception.
- Dis-entitled to protection in a court of law.
- Identical and similar to prior registered trademarks.
- Containing prohibited names of chemicals and chemical materials
- Similar or identical to translations of well known marks.
If you have further inquiry, please leave your reply here or Contact Us